The GitLab Sales Development team is looking for a Sales Development Solutions Architect to join our Revenue Marketing Team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing real-time support to the Sales Development Reps as they prospect and build pipeline in multiple sales segments. You’ll collaborate with the Sales Development leadership team as well as other teams in Marketing and Sales to validate and develop content from a technical perspective. As a technical training specialist, excellent communication and people skills are a must as you’ll be instrumental in training new hires on our product and market. You'll achieve a balance of technical expertise, a real passion for the DevOps market, and the desire to help our team fully understand our product and business model, so they can work with customers and have valuable conversations that identify opportunities.
The Sales Development Solutions Architect is a grade #6
- Provide presales technical support to influence the discovery of new business opportunities
- Provide compelling product demonstrations for Sales Development Reps so that they may communicate effectively with prospects. We want to engage prospects of interest that haven’t yet reached the stage of opportunity and compel them to do so.
- Develop curriculum and deliver regular and on-going product training to the all Sales Development team. (Ex. onboarding with IT 101, what is DevOps?, What is CI/CD etc.)
- Participate in content validation for prospecting purposes
- Onboard and train new hires on our product through various training sessions
- Create and manage a forum where Sales Development reps can ask questions and receive answers providing real-time support and coaching
- Provide constant feedback and ideas on how to address knowledge gaps and continually engage the team’sir interest in technical learning
- Ability to use GitLab
- 1-2 years of experience with GitLab or similar products in the DevOps space
- Ability to interpret customer’s business problems and technical issues, and effectively explain how our solution will align to their needs or requirements
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and explain technical concepts to both non-technical and technical audiences
- Comfortable presenting and having technical discussions with Sales Development reps
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for technology and open source
- Run weekly training program
- Create progressive learning moduals to be rolled out in Google Classroom
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Sr. Director of Revenue Marketing
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a Sales Development Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a technical interview with a Solutions Architect, and another interview with the Manager of Product Marketing
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via video or phone call
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.