- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Account Research Specialist
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development Manager to ensure data integrity across all sales development channels
- Be an individual contributor by helping to identify key contacts in the targeted account lists generated by the RDs and the Sales and Business Development Manager
- Document customer stories, competitive intelligence and upload copious numbers of contacts into salesforce.
- Participate in documenting all processes in the handbook and update as needed with our Sales and Business Development Manager.
- Previous sales development experience
- A understanding of B2B software sales, open source software, and the developer product space
- Passionate about technology and strong desire to learn
- You share our values
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Sales and Business Development Manager.
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with the Senior Director of Sales Development and Marketing
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a fourth interview with the CMO Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.