Awareness Campaign Manager
The GitLab awareness campaign manager will help run the management of the brand awareness campaigns, working across the company as well as with our agency to provide deliverables in a timely manner and launch awareness campaigns in select markets. This position is responsible for pushing the brand awareness campaigns across the finish line and reporting back metrics on the campaigns.
The Awareness Campaign Manager is a grade 6.
- Work across marketing to oversee brand awareness campaign strategy and execution.
- Develop recommendations for how we implement brand awareness campaigns, aligning them with business objectives.
- Collaborate across multiple teams and leadership levels to collect, deliver and present information as needed.
- Understand the competitive landscape and implications which could impact GitLab’s success and help the team navigate/leverage them.
- Build out startegy to activate internal GitLab audiences to build brand awareness excitement and buy-in.
- Champion the voice of the GitLab customer.
- 4+ years experience working in the technology or DevOps space.
- A broad understanding of the connection between business objectives, creative and media placement.
- A broad understanding of awareness measurement practices and awareness campaigns.
- Effective listener and communicator - being able to align multiple stakeholders behind a strategy.
- Experience with B2B brand planning, strategic planning and execution, across a variety of categories and communication tactics.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a series of 30 to 45 minute interviews with team members across the corporate marketing team.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 to 45 minute interview with our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.