At GitLab, Brand Designers are responsible for ensuring strategic, seamless experiences - working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to elevate our global brand and optimize the customer journey end-to-end.
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.)
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout the company.
- Contribute to the Pajamas Design System; specifically the Brand and Marketing sections.
- Educate others on design thinking, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing, and others, to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Collaborate with UX Design to create and maintain a cohesive and consistent brand experience between Marketing and Product.
- Continually iterate on concepts in an effort to make the brand relevant and relatable to our audience(s).
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across various projects.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Engage in constructive design critiques.
- Able to work independently, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Associate Brand Designer
- Execute design and conceptual tasks as assigned with significant attention to detail.
- Learn the GitLab brand, visual language, and the Pajamas Design System.
- Contribute to, and collaborate with fellow designers, on design concepts and the GitLab brand experience.
The Associate Brand Designer is a grade 5.
- 1–3 years experience in a design-related role.
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects.
- Develop visual concepts for digital campaigns, webpages, print, and events.
- Enable others, non-designers, to create on-brand assets.
- Actively contribute to the Pajamas Design System.
The Intermediate Brand Designer is a grade 6.
- 3–5 years experience in a design-related role.
- Proven ability to independently conceptualize and think critically about design.
Senior Brand Designer
Everything in the Brand Designer role, plus:
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with peers and stakeholders.
- Lead cross-discipline collaboration as it relates to brand experience (Sales, Content, Product, etc.).
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media.
- Facilitate iterative and inclusive design process end-to-end within deadlines.
- Effectively present ideas to clients/team members.
- Stay on top of brand, design, media and conversion best practices.
- Be an advocate for design; educating and enabling others to create on-brand experiences.
The Senior Brand Designer is a grade 7.
- 7 years agency experience (marketing, design or advertising), or on a design team at a technology company.
- Proven experience designing strategic omni-channel experiences at an agency or technology company. SaaS experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in brand, marketing and design principles and best practices.
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, photography, and more.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrable design thinking and execution skills with a strong portfolio.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS in design, communications, marketing, HCI, or related experience is strongly preferred.
- Project or product management experience.
- Product marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Git or GitLab.
- Technology marketing experience.
Manager, Brand Design
Everything in the Senior Brand Designer role, plus:
- Lead the Brand Design team fostering innovation, collaboration, and continual evolution of GitLab's brand experience.
- Oversee the definition, prioritization, and improvement of the Brand and Marketing sections of the Pajamas Design System.
- Research and develop a greater understanding of GitLab's audience(s); iterating to keep our brand experience relevant and relatable.
The Manager, Brand Design is a grade 8.
- 5+ years experience in branding and marketing design.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership capabilities.
- Proven experience leading designers and successfully maintaining and evolving brand experience in all aspects.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.