- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, you are a player-coach. As a Manager your job is threefold: (1) Help connect people interested in GitLab to the sales team or other appropriate channels, (2) lead from the front and train other members of the business development team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the business development team perform and exceed expectations. You will be the source of knowledge and best practices amongst the Inbound BDRs, and will help to train, onboard and mentor new BDRs.
- Identifying where leads are in the sale and marketing funnel and taking the appropriate action.
- Passing qualified leads to the sales team and ensuring the sales team follows through.
- Training other members of the business development team to identify and pass qualified leads.
- Ensuring business development team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new Business Development Representatives.
- Aide in managing the lead funnel from marketing qualified lead (MQL) to sales qualified opportunity (SQO).
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development Manager to improve the lead management and qualification processes
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the BDR Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Director of Demand Generation
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.