Code Contributor Program Manager
As the Code Contributor Program Manager, you will be responsible for enabling members from the wider GitLab community to contribute code, documentation, and translations to GitLab. The goal is to increase the number of unique people that contribute to GitLab every month. Committers are all people who contribute code and documentation to GitLab, not just the people that can merge their contributions (have the commit bit).
The Code Contributor Program Manager is a grade 6.
- Grow the number of community contributions to GitLab per month.
- Ensure there are metrics around contributors, merges, backlog, and geographic and organizational diversity.
- Run a complete funnel around contributors, similar to a marketing and sales funnel, including stage criteria, conversion rates, and time per stage per cohort.
- Ensure all the steps in the contribution lifecycle are defined and have actions, for example when the first contribution gets merged we recognize their contribution and offer to pair them with an experienced mentor.
- Make it easy to contribute, for example make it easier to find issues marked 'accepting merge requests'
- Manage community contributions including triaging, monitoring, and escalating merge requests.
- Organize contributor-focused events such as hackathons, contributor summit, and industry conferences.
- Recognize people in the community, for example with badges, swag, spotlights, and awards.
- Monitor and participate in community channels such as Gitter, GitLab Forum, reddit, and CrowdIn.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in communicating with writers on a range of technical topics is a plus.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Code Contributor Program Manager job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.