As the content designer for GitLab you will be responsible for assisting the marketing team on create engaging visual content across all channels. Projects will range from promotional videos, social campaigns, and infographics, to ebooks, whitepapers, and illustrations. Our ideal candidate has a strong design skill-set, takes direction openly and positively, and is very detail oriented. Major bonus points if you’ve used GitLab before!
- You create a great design for interesting content.
- Work with our content team on video creation and editing.
- GIF creation for social campaigns and email.
- Social media campaign assets to support our content marketing.
- Design demand generation content like eBooks and whitepapers working directly with our content marketing manager.
- You’ve created super cool infographics or graphics to tell a story based on data or interesting idea.
- Illustrations for documentation like flow charts and graphical representations of complex development practices.
- Create short, punchy videos to explain our awesome features. If we give you a voice-over, you can create a great quick video.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Self taught or degrees welcome.
- 2-3 years experience in marketing-focused design is preferred.
- Able to iterate quickly from concept and mockups to pixel-perfect design.
- Comfortable working very collaboratively on projects, as well as independently.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.