Are you a passionate marketer with strong program management skills who has mastered the art of building relationships and executing on exciting new projects? GitLab is looking for an awesome Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager to own the strategy and execution of end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives, ranging from first click to retention and renewal initiatives, with a focus on instilling loyalty within the our ever-growing customer base. Our ideal candidate will have no problem rolling up their sleeves and working directly with customers to understand the wants and needs of the market, while ensuring that relevant programs are being created for all stages of the customer journey.
- Develop GitLab’s customer lifecycle stages and create strategic initiatives for each stage of the customer journey, which include onboarding, engagement and retention.
- Create and refine effective programs that leverage tenure and customer behavior data, and include a mix of triggered, targeted and broad educational campaigns.
- Identify key, measurable metrics (upsell, churn, etc.) for lifecycle programs encompassing a growth hacker mentality with the ability to test and scale rapidly.
- Forge personal relationships with advocate customers and build out case studies, testimonials and quotes, acting as a content source for GitLab.
- Conceptualize and launch a customer advocacy program and customer community designed to identify and mobilize customers, transforming them into GitLab brand ambassadors.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with product marketing, product management and engineering teams to ensure messaging of programs and product updates are accurate and meaningful to the developer persona.
- Partner with customer success and account managers to leverage customer interaction touch points and infuse personal, one-to-one programs.
- Participate in GitLab sponsored tradeshows, seminars, workshops and events and build face-to-face loyalty and relationships with prospects and customers.
- 5-7 years experience in customer marketing, preferably at an enterprise technology company.
- A proven track record of delighting customers and creating successful marketing programs aimed at customers.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and cross-functional coordination across internal and external contributors.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- A passion and strong understanding of developer customer personas and the landscape.
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been hacking together websites since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.