VP of Demand Generation
The VP of Demand Generation is responsible for overseeing all aspects of demand generation to achieve revenue goals that support the company’s fast-paced growth. This role is a highly cross-functional, strategic role which will require both creative and analytical thinking. They work closely with leaders across Revenue Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, and Sales. The VP of Demand Generation is a marketing team leader, responsible for the creation and execution of GitLab’s global marketing campaigns to generate leads and new business pipeline. The campaigns must consider global revenue goals and be multi-channel, able to be executed through digital and traditional tactics in partnership with Revenue Marketing. The campaigns must also be measurable and tied to GitLab’s global revenue goals. The responsibilities of the role include campaign strategy development, program execution, team management and process optimization. The position requires a driven, innovative and energetic demand generation leader, with a talent for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done.
- Develop the company's demand generation campaign strategy to drive new business, as well as expand the existing customer base. Own execution of its associated plan, including scope, target outcomes, key metrics and measures, and required inputs and resources to deliver
- Work closely with Revenue Marketing and sales to deploy campaigns and ensure alignment across teams
- Build systems and processes that will track and report on key performance metrics and use data to optimize campaign strategies continually
- Work collaboratively to build, inspire, manage and grow a high-performing global team
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing operations, and sales to ensure message optimization and cross-functional alignment
- 10-15+ years experience in roles of increasing responsibility, managing $100MM-$1B in revenue pipeline in high-growth companies; current or previous VP title, reporting to a CMO preferred
- Experience running a global team of at least dozens of people with multiple levels of management
- Must have a firm grasp of digital marketing best practices, yet have an innate curiosity to continually investigate new trends
- Experience with digital and non-digital demand gen tactics
- Familiarity with open-source, cloud native, cloud, and Kubernetes a plus
- Excellent strategic thinking and ability to influence and work collaboratively across organizations
- Fluency in demand generation metrics and approaches to test and optimize them including the use of Marketo and Salesforce
- Proven experience scaling demand generation programs through technology, data and process.
- Demonstrated success and comfort driving global programs in multiple languages
- An innate sense of urgency to drive programs forward
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will then meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing.
- Candidates will then be asked to schedule an interview with the Manager of Field Marketing, Americas.
- Candidates will then meet with the CMO.
- Following successful completion of the previous steps, final candidates will then be asked to meet with a panel of Sales Development Managers.
- Final candidates may be asked to complete an assessment, and meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing again.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via video or phone.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.