As a designer for GitLab you would be responsible for creating and maintaining our brand. You will work on the design of the GitLab website, all marketing design needs, and all branding. You'll work very closely together with almost everyone in GitLab to make sure we follow good design principles and our branding is clear in everything we do. This means you get a lot of freedom, independence and responsibilities.
The Junior Designer is a grade 5.
- Assist in the redesign of the GitLab website.
- Build and maintain slide decks for various events and presentations.
- Conceptualize and design landing pages for various campaigns and GitLab features.
- Create, update, and maintain diagrams and infographics on the GitLab website and Documentation pages.
- Assist in the conceptualization and design of event and swag items — such as t-shirts, stickers, banners, and conference booths.
- Create web advertisements for webcasts, landing pages, partnerships, and feature releases.
The Intermediate Designer is a grade 6.
- Set the brand of GitLab
- Design a coherent brand image (logo's, icons, colors, typography, etc.)
- Redesign our static website
- Design our marketing materials
- Design our swag (t-shirts, stickers, etc.)
- Design for special occasions (product releases, events, etc.)
- Create exciting marketing materials
- Create printed materials (business cards, banners, brochures)
- Create web advertisements
- Degree in graphic design or related field, or experience with web design
- Able to create anything from quick mockups to pixel-perfect work
- Be able to create exciting marketing materials
- Experience with web design and its limitations and possibilities
- Able to work in small, concrete and practical iterations. GitLab has a very short release cycle, you need to be able to keep up
- Have an understanding of good UX
- Experience with HTML / CSS is a plus
- Illustration experience is a plus
- Comfortable working very collaboratively on projects, as well as independently.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Design job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.