- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
As a designer for GitLab you would be responsible for creating and maintaining our brand. You will work on the design of the GitLab website, all marketing design needs, and all branding. You'll work very closely together with almost everyone in GitLab to make sure we follow good design principles and our branding is clear in everything we do. This means you get a lot of freedom, independence and responsibilities.
- Assist in the redesign of the GitLab website.
- Build and maintain slide decks for various events and presentations.
- Conceptualize and design landing pages for various campaigns and GitLab features.
- Create, update, and maintain diagrams and infographics on the GitLab website and Documentation pages.
- Assist in the conceptualization and design of event and swag items — such as t-shirts, stickers, banners, and conference booths.
- Create web advertisements for webcasts, landing pages, partnerships, and feature releases.
- Set the brand of GitLab
- Design a coherent brand image (logo's, icons, colors, typography, etc.)
- Redesign our static website
- Design our marketing materials
- Design our swag (t-shirts, stickers, etc.)
- Design for special occasions (product releases, events, etc.)
- Create exciting marketing materials
- Create printed materials (business cards, banners, brochures)
- Create web advertisements
- Degree in graphic design or related field, or experience with web design
- Able to create anything from quick mockups to pixel-perfect work
- Be able to create exciting marketing materials
- Experience with web design and its limitations and possibilities
- Able to work in small, concrete and practical iterations. GitLab has a very short release cycle, you need to be able to keep up
- Have an understanding of good UX
- Experience with HTML / CSS is a plus
- Illustration experience is a plus
- Comfortable working very collaboratively on projects, as well as independently.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.