- Promote developer community and share stories about how developers are using GitLab to improve collaboration and code quality around the world.
- Produce a twice monthly newsletter for the GitLab developer community.
- Organize and facilitate community events.
- Work with the team of engineers to create technical content such as tutorials, blog posts, screencasts, webinars, etc.
- Develop and distribute swag for the community that is fun, engaging and which our community will love.
- Communicate technical features and benefits with non-technical users, decision makers and our own sales team.
- Analyse and evaluate promotion and programs to make recommendations and improvements.
- Our current ideas are detailed on our developer marketing page.
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our [remote manifesto and guides](/company/culture/all-remote/).