As the Senior Director, Corporate Marketing, you will lead the team responsible for building the GitLab brand and sharing the GitLab story globally. This role will successfully promote the company through a strong PR and communications program, All-Remote content and messaging, social media, unique corporate events for users, prospects and employees, and through Community Relations. The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading, brand, global programs and PR globally. Reporting to the CMO, the Senior Director, Corporate Marketing must have experience across public relations, brand development, creative, digital marketing, social media, and thought leadership campaigns.
The Senior Director, Corporate Marketing is a grade 11.
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to contribute to the definition of the strategic objectives for marketing and build strong working relationships to deliver as a team.
- Define and execute corporate marketing and brand strategy, resulting in consistent branding, messaging and positioning.
- Create and execute a community relations plan that attracts new contributors and engages the community.
- Oversee global event strategy and execution for conferences and industry events, and support internal events.
- Manage corporate communications including executive communications, messaging development, and PR.
- Lead our All-Remote brand building efforts.
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by recruiting, coaching and developing team members.
- 12+ years of experience in corporate marketing in the software industry, preferably within an area of application development.
- Technical background or good understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B corporate communications, content and brand campaigns.
- Skilled and proven experience bringing new campaigns and ideas to life.
- Experience leading the development of exciting and effective awareness and brand marketing campaigns that influence IT leadership and CxO buyers.
- Track record of evolving a brand’s position to a new market category that aligns it with current market and customer priorities.
- History successfully utilizing events as a key platform for growth in the awareness and demand generation.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Director, Corporate Marketing job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- A 45 minute interview with our VP of Revenue Marketing
- A 45 minute interview with our VP of Demand Generation
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Revenue Officer
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.