GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketing leader to support our Sales Teams, globally. The Director, Field Marketing position is responsible for building and leading a global team of field marketers aligned to our regional sales directors.
A qualified Director, Field Marketing has strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy working with sales leaders to understand the needs of the sales teams, and meeting those needs through effective partnership, strategy, and execution.
The Director, Field Marketing is a grade 10.
- Hire, train, coach, and lead a global team of field marketing managers.
- Meet or exceed our annual plan to grow demand for each of our sales teams.
- Define what field marketing needs from corporate marketing, product marketing, online growth, marketing operations, and marketing program management to ensure regional sales support.
- Ensure field marketing adheres to global brand marketing standards, and is aligned to product marketing strategy.
- Ensure our global channel marketing strategy can be effectively deployed regionally by enabling our resellers with campaign components and guidelines.
- Help global marketing functions refine their strategy based on regional feedback.
- Partner with sales leadership on territory planning.
- Set the standard for effective account-based marketing practices, worldwide, and ensure it is documented and updated in our handbook.
- Set the standard to ensure effective collaboration across marketing and sales roles for regional campaign execution, and document those standards in our handbook.
- Improve field marketing campaign efficiency in terms of ROI and CAC:LTV.
- Ensure key regions have agency support for translating and regionalizing corporate marketing content.
- Manage field marketing budget and hiring plan.
- Administer variable compensation reporting for field marketers.
- Be an advocate for the sales department and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales department understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Ensure field marketing contributes productively to the quarterly business reviews of the sales team they support.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- 7+ years of marketing experience.
- People management experience.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and strong understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Strong understanding of marketing to financial services / fintech, federal agencies, healthcare, automotive, tech, and energy industry verticals.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Director, Field Marketing job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule interviews with the Senior Director of Corporate Marketing and the Manager of Marketing Programs.
- Finally, our CMO may conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.