- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Director of Field Marketing
GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketing leader to support our Sales Teams, globally. The Director of Field Marketing position is responsible for building and leading a global team of field marketers aligned to our regional sales directors.
A qualified Director of Field Marketing has strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy working with sales leaders to understand the needs of the sales teams, and meeting those needs through effective partnership, strategy, and execution.
- Hire, train, coach, and lead a global team of field marketing managers.
- Meet or exceed our annual plan to grow demand for each of our sales teams.
- Define what field marketing needs from corporate marketing, product marketing, online growth, marketing operations, and marketing program management to ensure regional sales support.
- Ensure field marketing adheres to global brand marketing standards, and is aligned to product marketing strategy.
- Ensure our global channel marketing strategy can be effectively deployed regionally by enabling our resellers with campaign components and guidelines.
- Help global marketing functions refine their strategy based on regional feedback.
- Partner with sales leadership on territory planning.
- Set the standard for effective account-based marketing practices, worldwide, and ensure it is documented and updated in our handbook.
- Set the standard to ensure effective collaboration across marketing and sales roles for regional campaign execution, and document those standards in our handbook.
- Improve field marketing campaign efficiency in terms of ROI and CAC:LTV.
- Ensure key regions have agency support for translating and regionalizing corporate marketing content.
- Manage field marketing budget and hiring plan.
- Administer variable compensation reporting for field marketers.
- Be an advocate for the sales department and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales department understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Ensure field marketing contributes productively to the quarterly business reviews of the sales team they support.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- 7+ years of marketing experience.
- People management experience.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and strong understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Strong understanding of marketing to financial services / fintech, federal agencies, healthcare, automotive, tech, and energy industry verticals.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a series of 45 minute interviews with our Director of Product Marketing, Chief Revenue Officer, and Senior Director of Pipe-to-Spend.
- Candidates will complete a take-home exercise from a provided prompt, then present to the interview team.
- Finally, our CEO or CMO will conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.