As GitLab's Director of Sales Development, you will be responsible for growing demand through outbound outreach. This role will manage SDR managers worldwide to ensure our Strategic Account Leaders (field sales) have enough opportunities to meet or exceed their enterprise sales targets.
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, and that our Strategic Account Leaders (field sales) have enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive.
- Ensure we efficiently qualify inbound demand.
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives.
- Plan, forecast, and understand ramp adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively in tandem with the needs of our sales organization and the supply of inbound demand from marketing.
- Manage SDR rosters for tracking ramp adjusted capacity and productivity.
- Manage SDR reports and dashboards to ensure the results they deliver can be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Build a word-class sales and business development team. Recruit, train, and develop a global team of SDRs, and SDR managers.
- Develop paths for career advancement within the SDR functions as well as to closing sales roles.
- Partner with regional sales directors and field marketing to execute cross-functional enterprise demand generation in key accounts for our field sales team.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and people ops to ensure SDR onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and people ops to ensure SDR manager onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering.
- Partner with sales and marketing operations to ensure the SDR team has the best tools to do their job, and that they are configured to ensure SDR efficiency and productivity, especially salesforce.com and Outreach.
- Analyze Outreach cadences with an eye towards continual improvement and up-to-date messaging, by buyer persona and by industry.
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline at large enterprise accounts through leading outbound prospecting teams.
- Responsible for creating and iterating the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training and enablement
- Experience managing an outbound prospecting team at world wide with at least 30 total direct and indirect reports.
- Power user of salesforce.com and SDR cadence management software.
- Ability to drive cross functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams.
- Ability to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional SDRs and SDR managers.
- Have a general understanding of Git, GitLab, and modern development practices.
- A broad knowledge of the application development ecosystem.
- Awareness of industry trends in enterprise digital transformation, devops, and continuous integration.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Accurate, nuanced, direct, and kind messaging.
- Being able to work independent and respond quickly.
- Able to articulate the GitLab mission, values, and vision.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will then meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing.
- Candidates will then be asked to schedule an interview with the Manager of Field Marketing, Americas.
- Candidates will then meet with the CMO.
- Following successful completion of the previous steps, final candidates will then be asked to meet with a panel of Sales Development Managers.
- Final candidates may be asked to complete an assessment, and meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing again.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via video or phone.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.