As Director of technical evangelism, you will be responsible for building our technical evangelism function to enable speaking and content creation/distribution with the ultimate objective of:
- Building GitLab's Cloud Native thought leaderships in DevSecOps
- Beginning conversations about GitLab as the leading cloud agnostic player
- Increasing GitLab excitement among developers and SREs
- Enabling Recruiting
The Director, Technical Evangelism is a grade 10.
- Evangelism strategy
- Who are key speakers
- Where are we going to speak
- What opportunities do we need to go after
- What communities do we need to evangelize to
- Mapping evangelism to marketing and communications goals/opportunities
- Mapping evangelism to product output and objectives
- Evangelism execution
- Leading speaker's bureau by example as FT GitLab/clould native developer advocate
- Creating & maintainng a speaker's bureau
- Working with the Community Team to instigate external advocates
- Submitting CFP's and talk proposals
- Supporting speakers in Pitch, deck message creation, speaker training and best practices and logistics
- Evangelism activation
- Thinking though how to maxmimize speaking opportunities
- Pre-event promotion
- Post-event content creation & promotion
- Working with other marketing teams to support campaigns
- Partnering with Alliances to maximize cloud provider events
- Maintain content for speakers
- Ensure alignment with PMM and Product messaging
- Lead Developer Advocacy for Linux Foundation umbrella group which includes CNCF
- Deep knowledge of the Cloud Native landscape and relationships with influencers in the cloud native world
- An established reputation as a thought leader in the field and experience building technology brands through technical evangelism
- Deep empathy for our audience of developers and IT leaders. Our community is changing the world, and you want to help accelerate their success through relevant, useful communications.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with product and engineering teams to surface the most relevant technical stories .
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience working in a B2B software marketing team.
- Experience with Open Source software, and/or the developer tools space is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Be familiar with or ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
- A deep understanding the GitLab product is a plus.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Director, Technical Evangelism job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- A 45 minute interview with our Director of Sales Development
- A 45 minute interview with our Vice President of Product
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Revenue Officer
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.