Education Program Manager
As the Education Program Manager, you will be responsible for bringing GitLab into the classroom: increase the usage of GitLab in academia to enable students to take that experience to their future workplaces.
The Education Program Manager is a grade 6.
- Run and develop the GitLab for Education program to grow the number of educational institutions that adopt GitLab.
- Establish relationships with educational institutions to produce inspirational case studies of their use of GitLab. Work with them to integrate GitLab in their curriculum.
- Expand the GitLab for Education program with a learning package to facilitate and incentivize the use of GitLab for educational purposes.
- Design and implement a Campus ambassador program: enable institutions and students to organize events and create materials to evangelize GitLab.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- A background and relationships in the academia and research spaces are a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Senior Education Program Manager
The Senior Education Program Manager is a grade 7.
The Senior Education Program Manager shares the same responsibilities and requirements as the Education Program Manager listed above, but also carries the following:
- You have 7-10 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- Prior experience developing relationships with educational institutions.
- Substantial experience in academia and research spaces.
The next step in the Educations Programs job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Key Performance Indicators
A Key Performance Indicator for this role is the number of educational institutions and students adopting GitLab per month.
The next step in the Education Program Manager job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.