The Fullstack Engineer (Intermediate) reports to the Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
The Fullstack Engineer (Intermediate) is a grade 6.
- Implement frameworks, code style guides, and templates to empower everyone to contribute.
- Implement site speed improvements and technical SEO.
- Support the architecture and engineering (HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby, Middleman, Haml) of about.gitlab.com.
- Assist in building and maintaining our Content Management System.
- Run the marketing website as an open source project, optimizing for maximum contributions to both code and content.
- 3-5 years experience specializing in full stack development, website and web applications.
- Understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- The ability to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design.
- Knowledge of Git and comfortability using the command line.
- Experience with Jamstack, Ruby, and Middleman (and/or other static site generators).
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Previous experience with Static Site Generators like Middleman, Jekyll, Hugo, etc., preferred.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company, preferred.
- A positive outlook on changing priorities, preferred.
- The ability to proactively question and improve priorities, preferred.
- Marketing engineers should be familiar with marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, A/B testing, lead generation, buyer journeys, and search engine optimization.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
The Senior Fullstack Engineer reports to the Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
Senior Fullstack Engineer Job Grade
The Senior Fullstack Engineer is a grade 7.
Senior Fullstack Engineer Responsibilities
- Extends the Fullstack Engineer (Intermediate) responsibilities.
- Lead the architecture and engineering of about.gitlab.com.
- Research and define frameworks, code style guides, and templates to empower everyone to contribute.
- Work with cross functional partners, as a team leader.
- Critical decision making, and knowing what will have the greatest business impact when prioritizing.
- Own CI automation using GitLab to build, test, and deploy.
- Sharing knowledge and educating on best practices and new technologies.
Senior Fullstack Engineer Requirements
- Extends that of the Fullstack Engineer (Intermediate) requirements.
- 6+ years experience specializing in fullstack development, website and web applications.
- Uses research, data, and best practices to create, validate, and present ideas to key
- A track record of being self-motivated, results oriented, and delivering on time.
- Expert in selecting and applying frameworks/systems to solve complicated technical problems.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
The next step in the Website Full Stack Development job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, you can find their job title on our team page.
- Select candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute technical interview with our Fullstack Engineer and an interview with a Senior Brand Designer.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with the Senior Director, Growth Marketing.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute follow up interview with the Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via phone or video.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.