- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Senior Manager, Global Content
As the lead of the global content team you will lead the team responsible for content strategy, development, and governance.
This role will drive audience, prospect, and customer interaction through thoughtful multimedia storytelling and work cross-functionally to identify content needs, strategy, and process. The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior manager with a successful record of leading and building content programs and teams globally. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Marketing, the Senior Manager, Global Content must have experience across editorial, content marketing, and video production.
- Define GitLab's global content strategy
- Act as a steward of the GitLab brand ensuring quality and cohesiveness across all content development
- Oversee global content creation, governance, and operations
- Leading and launching content marketing programs
- Effectively and efficienctly partner with brand & digital, events, and product marketing to deliver on content needs across the customer lifecycle
- Manage & mentor the content marketing, digital production, and editorial teams
- Genereate and implement process improvements to the content pillar model
- Draft quarterly OKRs and content KPIs
- Report on content performance and audience growth
- Use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development
- Develop a localization strategy for marketing content
- Define agile content process definition and application
- Content strategy & inbound content marketing program for about.gitlab.com
- 5+ years experience in content marketing & creation, preferrably in the software industry
- Excellent writer and editor
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience building a content pillar framework
- Proven track record of developing and executing a successful content strategy
- Credibility in craft: Past experience as a content marketer and leading content teams
- Excellent at cross-functional collaboration
- Dual minded: ability to focus on process and creative
- Experience as a hiring manager
- A strong people manager
- Experience managing managers
- Ability to successfully manage at a remote-only company
- Humble, servant leader
- Be a user of GitLab and familiarity with our company
- Experience creating content within the area of application development
- Technical background or solid understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integraion, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with global teams
- Prior high-growth start up experience
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with our Director, Corporate Marketing
- A 45 minute interview with our Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
- A 45 minute interview with our Director, Brand & Digital
- A 45 minute interview with our CMO
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.