At GitLab, Illustrators collaborate closely with the Brand Design team to elevate our visual brand as we interact with the world, both through product and marketing. This role is essential to developing and maintaining a visual language that aligns with our values and brand personality.
- Create meaningful and thoughtful illustrations to enhance print, web, and digital experiences.
- Work collaboratively with Brand Design to create a consistent and cohesive brand experience.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects with consistency and strong attention to detail.
- Embrace an iterative design process and be receptive to feedback throughout the process.
- Contribute to the Pajamas Design System; documenting illustration guidelines and standards across the brand.
- Able to work with, and help evolve, the GitLab brand.
- Collaborate with Marketing and UX Design to establish a consistent and cohesive illustration style.
- Proven ability to work from conceptual sketches to high-fidelity final assets.
- Able to visually communicate complex concepts in a compelling and intuitive way.
- Strong fundamental design skills including typography, composition, and color.
- You know Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Slides, and Powerpoint like nobody’s business.
- Degree in illustration, graphic design, or related field.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your illustration skills.
- Comfortable with Git, HTML, CSS, and Markdown to update about.gitlab.com.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Able to create animations and motion graphics from your illustrations is a huge plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Quickly and iteratively translate creative concepts into compelling visuals that resonate with our audience.
- Ability to work within GitLab's brand guidelines while evolving our visual language.
- Self-motivated; able to offer up your expertise to improve a project and overall brand experience.
- 1-3 years experience in an illustration-related role.
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects.
- Work quickly and iteratively on creative projects with limited direction from Brand Design.
- Proven experience with illustration and visual storytelling as an extension of the brand.
- Ability to hand off assets ready for application; ranging from about.gitlab.com and motion graphics, to print and swag.
- 3-5 years experience in an illustration-related role.
- Self-manage workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Work independently, drive multiple projects, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Ability to evolve and extend creative concepts with extreme attention to detail.
- Influence creative strategy and have a strong understanding of our audience(s).
- 5+ years experience in an illustration-related role.
- Proven ability to propel illustration and visual storytelling as an integrated component of the brand.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.