As the Website Full Stack Developer you will work closely with design, UX, product marketing, content marketing, and other members of the Marketing team. This role will be part of the Marketing Website team and report directly to the Manager, Product Marketing, Ops
The Website Full Stack Developer is a grade 6.
- Lead architecture and engineering (Ruby, Middleman, Haml) of about.gitlab.com
- Run the marketing website as an open source project, optimizing for maximum contributions to both code and content.
- Define back-end frameworks, code style guides, and templates to empower everyone to contribute.
- Implement site speed improvements and technical SEO.
- Own CI automation using GitLab to build, test, and deploy.
- 6+ years experience specializing in back-end development, website and web applications.
- Significant experience with Ruby.
- Expert-level understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- You use research and best practices to create, validate, and present your ideas to project stakeholders.
- Able to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design best practices.
- Understanding of Git and comfortable using the command line.
- A track record of being self-motivated and delivering on time.
- Candidates in Americas timezones will be preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Previous experience with Static Site Generators like Middleman, Jekyll, Hugo, etc.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company.
The next step in the Website Full Stack Development job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Portfolios of qualified candidates will be reviewed by our hiring team
- Select candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- First, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Manager, Product Marketing, Ops
- Second, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Marketing Web Developer/Designer
- Third, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with one or more members of the Engineering team
- Fourth, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Product Marketing
- Finally, successful candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.