- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Marketing Operations Associate
You understand that setting a foundation for healthy growth in a fast-paced company is effective marketing operations. Your job is to support the Marketing Operations team in meeting our goals of evaluating/selecting/customizing technology to enable effective marketing at GitLab, ensuring high data quality and helping colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions, and assisting in marketing analysis/planning/strategy. This is an entry level position for Marketing Operations.
- Learning tools that marketing has in place to act as backup on various systems as needed
- Providing oversight on GitLab issue boards - building weekly standup issues, creating biweekly milestone issues to ensure handbook updates are completed, documenting minutes from meetings, and ensuring labels exist on all Marketing issues
Marketing data stewardship
- Assisting with data cleanliness in the various systems, merging like records, researching causes of bugs in order to correct processes
- Cleansing, enriching and uploading prospect lists from various events
- Building smart lists in Marketo to aid in geographic and account based marketing efforts
- Providing support to team with ad hoc analysis and/ or the underlying data as needed
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing teams of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer tools space is preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation software a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software helpful.
- Familiarity with Git and repositories useful.
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets.
- You are team-centric.
- You’re a self starter, willing to read and watch in order to learn. (Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git!)
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.”
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 15 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 30 minute interview with future co-worker/s (Marketing Operations Manager)
- A 30 minute interview with future manager (Director, Marketing Operations)
- A 20 minute interview with future marketing partner/s (Field Marketing or Content Marketing)
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.