You understand that setting a foundation for healthy growth in a fast-paced company is effective marketing operations. In all cases, you share our values
Associate Marketing Operations Manager
Your job is to support the Marketing Operations team in meeting our goals of optimizing technology to enable effective marketing at GitLab, ensuring high data quality and helping colleagues access that datat to enable smarter decisions, and assisting in marketing analysis, planning and strategy. This is an entry level position for Marketing Operations.
- Learning tools that marketing has in place to act as backup on various systems as needed
- Provisioning licenses for base entitlements to appropriate GitLab team members
- Providing oversight on GitLab issues boards - building weekly standup issues, creating biweekly milestone issues to ensure handbook updates are completed, documenting minutes from meetings, and ensuring lables exist on all Marketing issues
Marketing data stewardship
- Assisting with data cleanliness in the various systems, merging like records, researching cuases of bugs in order to correct processes
- Cleansing, enriching and uploading prospect lists from various events
- Building smart lists in Marketo to aid in geographic and account based marketing efforts
- Providing support to team with ad hoc analysis and/or the underlying data as needed
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing teams of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer tools space is preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation software a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software helpful
- Familiarity with Git and respositories useful
- Proficiency in MS Excel/ Google Sheets
- You are team-centric
- You're a self starter, willing to read and watch in order to learn. (Be ready to learn and how to use GitLab and Git)
- Ability to use GitLab
Your job is three fold: evaluate/select/customize technology to enable effective marketing at GitLab, ensure high quality and help colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions, and assist in marketing analysis/planning/strategy. Within the Marketing Operations Manager role, you may be focused on a specific area of marketing (i.e. Sales Development, Events/Campaigns, Digital, etc.), infrastructure or data analysis depending on the needs of the team.
- Optimize existing marketing technology and the entire tool stack
- Evaluate new marketing technology that can enable GitLab to grow its business faster and more efficiently.
- Create documentation that guides the marketing team in their use of marketing software tools.
- Train the marketing team on marketing software tools.
- Audit use of marketing software tools with an eye towards continually improving how they are configured.
Marketing data stewardship
- Help determine and document processes across marketing that facilitate efficiency, effectiveness, and accurate data collection.
- Review data quality across key dimensions that GitLab uses to evaluate its marketing performance.
- Where data quality is lacking, identify the root cause and address systematically with improved processes.
- Measure the marketing department's contribution to the sales pipeline, and assess their performance throughout the entire funnel.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and content, including ROI of marketing campaigns.
- Measure the ratio of customer acquisition cost to customer lifetime value, by marketing tactic.
- Assist with data-driven budgeting, planning, and strategy
All of the above requirements and:
- Two plus years of experience in Marketing Operations or related role.
- Bachelor's degree. Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you've been selling and marketing products since you were 12! We understand that your degree isn't the only thing that perpares you as a potential job candidate.
- Experience with modern marketing and sales development solutions such as LeanData, Bizible, and Outreach.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing teams of B2B software, Open Source Software, and the developer tools space is preferred.
- Marketo or other modern marketing automation system experience required.
- Salesforce or other modern CRM tool experience required.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
Senior Marketing Operations Manager
All of the above responsibilities and:
- Lead strategic and operational initiatives across marketing and with other functions to drive performance improvements, continuously enhance the impact of marketing and help the company continue along its fast growth trajectory.
- Collaborate across functions to structure problems, conduct analyses, and drive to solutions through a rigourous, data-driven process.
- Create and manage project plans with clearly defined deliverables and resources, coordinate work streams and dependencies, track and communicate progress, and identify obstacles and ensure they are addressed.
All of the above requirements and:
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- 5+ years of experience, including more technical expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to concisely present project deliverables.
- Ability to work successfully with little guidance.
Manager, Marketing Operations
- Effectively influence, align, and colloborate with key functions, particularly Sales, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team to execute on key marketing strategies.
- 8+ years of experience with go-to-market operations strategy and business analytics.
- 5+ years of experience managing marketing vendors and/or team management.
- Ability to work collaboratively, internally and externally.
- Ability to manager/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management skill and ability to lead a team and work in a group environment, including interaction with Senior/Executive level leadership.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiations and teamwork skills.
- Ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and platforms that ensure optimal and unfettered access to business tools, assets and capabilities.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving capability and help the team make sound decisions.
- You believe in teamwork and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 15 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters after completing our questionnaire provided.
- A 30 minute interview with future co-worker/s (Marketing Operations Manager)
- A 45 minute interview with future manager (Director, Marketing Operations)
- A 30 minute interview with future marketing partner/s based on specialization
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.