- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Marketing Operations Manager
You understand that a foundation of healthy growth in a fast-paced company is effective marketing operations. Your job is three-fold: evaluate/select/customize technology to enable effective marketing at GitLab, ensure high data quality and help colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions, and assist in marketing analysis/planning/strategy.
- Marketing technology
- Evaluate new marketing technology that can enable GitLab to grow its business faster and more efficiently.
- Create documentation that guides the marketing team in their use of marketing software tools.
- Train the marketing team on marketing software tools.
- Audit use of marketing software tools with an eye towards continually improving how they are configured.
- Marketing data stewardship
- Ensure we have documented processes in place that facilitate accurate data collection.
- Review data quality across key dimensions that GitLab uses to evaluate its marketing performance.
- Where data quality is lacking, identify the root cause and address systematically.
- Marketing analysis
- Measure the marketing department's contribution to sales pipeline, and assess their performance throughout the entire funnel.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and content, including ROI of marketing campaigns.
- Measure the ratio of customer aquisition cost to customer lifetime value, by marketing tactic.
- Assist with data-driven budgeting, planning, and strategy.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience with marketing automation software (Marketo highly preferred).
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred).
- Experience with modern marketing and sales development solutions such as LeanData, Bizible, and Outreach.
- Experience on sales and/or marketing teams of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer tools space is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets.
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.