You understand that setting a foundation for healthy growth in a fast-paced company is effective marketing operations. In all cases, you share our values
Associate Marketing Operations Manager
Your job is to support the Marketing Operations team in meeting our goals of optimizing technology to enable effective marketing at GitLab, ensuring high data quality and helping colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions, and assisting in marketing analysis, planning and strategy. This is an entry level position for Marketing Operations.
The Associate Marketing Operations Manager is a grade 5.
- Learning tools that marketing has in place to act as backup on various systems as needed
- Provisioning licenses for base entitlements to appropriate GitLab team members
- Providing oversight on GitLab issues boards - building weekly standup issues, creating biweekly milestone issues to ensure handbook updates are completed, documenting minutes from meetings, and ensuring labels exist on all Marketing issues
Marketing data stewardship
- Assisting with data cleanliness in the various systems, merging like records, researching causes of bugs in order to correct processes
- Cleansing, enriching and uploading prospect lists from various events
- Building smart lists in Marketo to aid in geographic and account based marketing efforts
- Providing support to team with ad hoc analysis and/or the underlying data as needed
- Exemplary spoken and written English.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing teams of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer tools space is preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation software a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software helpful
- Familiarity with Git and repositories useful
- Proficiency in MS Excel/ Google Sheets
- You are team-centric
- You're a self starter, willing to read and watch in order to learn. (Be ready to learn and how to use GitLab and Git)
- Ability to use GitLab
Your job as marketing operations manager is three fold: maintaining, optimizing, and integrating a set of marketing tech stacks, including Marketo and Outreach. You will work closely with business partners across the organization and help impact change and optimization. You will be able to drive key quarterly OKRs.
The Marketing Operations Manager is a grade 6.
- Maintain Marketo’s performance and optimize processes.
- Create training documentation that guides the marketing team.
- Train the marketing team on marketing software tools.
- Audit use of marketing software tools with an eye towards continually improving how they are configured.
Marketing data stewardship
- Be proactive and review functionality, workflow, and updating landing pages.
- Investigate data quality and continuously improve on data quality.
- Maintain Marketo database quality, ensure GDPR / CASL compliance.
Marketing data examination
- Assist in measuring and investigating the different tools.
- Assist key business partners in measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and marketing automation programs.
All of the above requirements and:
- Two plus years of experience in Marketing Operations or related role.
- Bachelor's degree. Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you've been selling and marketing products since you were 12! We understand that your degree isn't the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- Experience with modern marketing and sales development solutions such as Salesforce, LeanData, Bizible, ZoomInfo, RingLead, and Marketo.
- Outreach experience is required.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
Senior Marketing Operations Manager
The Senior Marketing Operations Manager is a grade 7.
All of the above responsibilities and:
- Oversee strategic and operational initiatives across marketing and with other functions to drive performance improvements, continuously enhance the impact of marketing and help the company continue along its fast growth trajectory.
- Collaborate across functions to structure problems, conduct analysis, and drive to solutions through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Create and manage project plans with clearly defined deliverables and resources, coordinate work streams and dependencies, track and communicate progress, and identify obstacles and ensure they are addressed.
All of the above requirements and:
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- 5+ years of experience, including more technical expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills, including ability to concisely present project deliverables.
- Ability to work successfully with little guidance.
Manager, Marketing Operations
The Manager, Marketing Operations is a grade 8.
- Effectively influence, align, and collaborate with key functions, particularly Sales, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Recruit, develop and guide a team to execute on key marketing strategies.
- 8+ years of experience with go-to-market operations strategy and business analytics.
- 5+ years of experience managing marketing vendors and/or team management.
- Ability to work collaboratively, internally and externally.
- Ability to manager/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management skill and ability to oversee a team and work in a group environment, including collaboration with Senior/Executive level leadership.
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiations and teamwork skills.
- Ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and platforms that ensure optimal and unfettered access to business tools, assets and capabilities.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving capability and help the team make sound conclusions.
- You believe in teamwork and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
The next step in a Manager, Marketing Operations' career at GitLab is to be a Senior Manager, Marketing Operations which is not yet defined. The next step after that would be Director, Marketing Operations..
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 15 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters after completing our questionnaire provided.
- A 30 minute interview with future co-worker/s (Marketing Operations Manager)
- A 45 minute interview with future manager (Director, Marketing Operations)
- A 30 minute interview with future marketing partner/s based on specialization
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.