You might describe yourself as inquisitive, creative, organized, and curious. You have experience in planning engaging marketing programs and using modern marketing technology to deliver those programs. You enjoy setting up elegant workflow in marketing automation platforms, conducting quality assurance, measuring results and making informed conclusions based on what you learn.
The Marketing Program Manager is a grade 6.
- The marketing program manager will report to the Manager of Digital Marketing Programs.
- Manage business-to-business marketing programs in Marketo for email campaigns, event promotion, event follow up, drip email nurture series, webinars, and content.
- Work closely with content and design teams to create landing pages for webinar registration and gated content.
- Maintain marketing database segmentation to ensure any communications delivered are relevant to the audience receiving them.
- Work closely with product marketing on mapping marketing database segmentation to personas.
- Ensure all Marketo programs are linked to salesforce.com campaigns to ensure accurate campaign ROI tracking.
- Analyze email, webinar, and campaign performance with an eye towards continuous improvement, and sharing insights across the team.
- Facilitate a marketing program retrospective following completion of each marketing program.
- Create email and landing page split tests to improve the team's understanding of what subject lines, headers, images, copy, and calls-to-action are most effective.
- Work with our marketing and sales teams to become a specialist on the company's lead funnel - from web visitor to customer and everything in-between.
- Participate in marketing technology evaluation.
- Document all processes in the handbook and update as needed.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Deep empathy for our audience of developers and IT leaders. Our community is changing the world, and you want to help accelerate their success through relevant, useful communications.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that spam, unclear instructions, and unnecessary clicks/forms/inputs can be incredibly frustrating.
- Power user of marketing automation software (Marketo preferred).
- Power user of CRM software (Salesforce preferred).
- Experience working in a B2B software marketing team.
- Experience with Open Source software, and/or the developer tools space is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Be familiar with or ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Senior Marketing Program Manager
The Senior Marketing Program Manager is a grade 7.
- Create marketing automation enabled marketing campaigns.
- Perform marketing and customer data analysis and market segmentation, ideal customer profile definition, and lead scoring model creation.
- Build out marketing database segmentation to ensure any communications delivered are relevant to the audience receiving them and work closely with product marketing on mapping marketing database segmentation to personas.
Additional Senior Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field, and 72 months of relevant experience.
The next step in the Marketing Program Manager job family is to move to a Manager, Marketing Programs role.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.