Sr. Director, Marketing Strategy and Operations
Sr. Director, Marketing Operations and Strategy Job Grade
The Director, Marketing Strategy is a grade 11.
Sr. Director, Marketing Operations and Strategy Responsibilities
- Build, lead, and inspire a team of highly skilled analytics professionals, web developers, and marketing operations professionals who deliver impactful business insights and results
- Manage the global marketing planning process including headcount and program spend.
- Partner with Marketing Leadership to formulate and develop regional/segment marketing plans and constantly evolving go-to-market strategies
- Develop and manage executive reporting on key metrics, formulate actionable insights and structure a concise, clear presentation of findings and prioritize issues as appropriate
- Create Board level and other internal presentations for the Chief Marketing Officer
- Collaborate with Marketing Leaders and teams to develop and execute marketing management disciplines and processes (weekly/quarterly forecast, pipeline analysis and development, target account lists, marketing OKRs, marketing overall campaign framework, budget allocation).
- Align go-to-market motions with sales. Identify opportunities to improve go-to-market efficiencies and lead efforts to scale, align and invest in the business in partnership with sales strategy and finance
- Lead, manage and evaluate the marketing tools, processes, policies and programs to ensure continuous productivity and effectiveness of marketing team members and marketing programs.
- Articulate a vision for the end-to-end digital website and experimentation framework and execute marketing programs against that vision
- Enable rapid A/B testing framework for use across the end-to-end customer journey
- Partner with Product Growth, Sales Systems, Business technology and Data team for a data collection strategy for the end-to-end customer journey
- Collaborate with marketing, and sales stakeholders, product managers, and other GitLab teams to develop marketing operations roadmap and provide input into prioritization
- Drive cross functional marketing programs such as product launch and introduction and localization. Drive key initiatives and projects for the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Be a trusted advisor to Marketing Leadership
Sr. Director, Marketing Strategy and Operations Requirements
- 15+ years of experience in a global SaaS marketing or marketing operations environment. Preference for Marketing Strategy, Marketing Operations, Strategy Consulting or Corporate Strategy
- BA/BS degree, MBA Preferred
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense.
- Experience with marketing attribution models.
- Experience in analyzing, experimenting and driving results in marketing websites.
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution
- Familiarity with our tech stack is a strong plus
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or similar analytical packages a plus
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Ability to use GitLab
VP, Marketing Strategy and Operations
VP Marketing Operations and Strategy Job Grade
The VP, Marketing Strategy is a grade 12).
VP, Marketing Operations and Strategy Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Sr. Director, Marketing Operations and Strategy responsibilities
- Thought leader defining overall go-to-market data collection
- Thought leader defining GitLab’s approach to A/B testing
- Lead creation of multiple key marketing strategy initiatives and programs with CMO.
VP, Marketing Operations and Strategy Requirements
- Extends that of the Sr. Director, Marketing Operations and Strategy
- 20+ years of experience in a global SaaS marketing or marketing operations environment. Preference for Marketing Strategy, Marketing Operations, Strategy Consulting or Corporate Strategy
The next step in the Marketing Strategy job family beyond director is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with the Sr. Director of Sales strategy
- Next candidates will meet two of CMO staff: AVP of Sales Development, VP of Corporate Marketing, VP of Portfolio Marketing, or VP Demand Generation
- Next, candidates will be invited to meet with a panel of their future direct reports Director of Marketing Strategy, Director of Marketing Operations and Head of Digital Experience
- Finally, candidates will meet either Chief People Officer or Chief Revenue Officer
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.