The Marketing Strategy team at GitLab is responsible for developing marketing plans and go-to-market strategies.
Director, Marketing Strategy
The Director, Marketing Strategy develops and executes a Global Marketing Strategy by working with Marketing Leadership and GTM teams including owning and driving key initiatives and projects. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Own the overall measurement strategy for GitLab marketing, focusing on CWA/spend and impressions/spend
- Own the OKR process and reporting for marketing
- Partner with Marketing Leadership to formulate and develop regional/segment marketing plans and constantly evolving go-to-market strategies
- Partner with Marketing Operations to drive the right reporting and analytics for cross-marketing measurement
- Partner with Sales Strategy to integrate marketing and sales strategies into a cohesive GTM strategy
- Identify opportunities to improve go-to-market efficiencies and manage efforts to scale, align and invest in the business
- Examine and present recommendations to Marketing Leadership for alignment and investment in the desired state and opportunities for marketing efficiency
- Develop an understanding of marketing best practices and work with Marketing leadership to implement appropriate best practices
- Author and deliver high-impact presentations and plans to support CMO and CMO Staff in Board and E-Group level communications, as well as with the overall marketing team
- Assist with quarterly planning with Marketing Leadership and key GTM Leaders
- Develop and manage executive reporting on key metrics, formulate actionable insights and structure a concise, clear presentation of findings and prioritize issues as appropriate
- Be a trusted advisor to Marketing Leadership
- BA/BS degree, MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- 8-10+ years of experience marketing operations and some experience in GTM or sales operations
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution
- Extensive track record of building high-quality spreadsheets, presentations and documents
- Superb analytical skills, technical aptitude and executive presence
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
- Capacity to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The Director, Marketing Strategy is a grade #10.
The next step in the Marketing Strategy job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with the VP of Revenue Marketing.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with the People Business Partner for Marketing.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to interview with the Chief Marketing Officer.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.