- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Marketing Web Developer/Designer
As the Marketing Web Developer/Designer you will work closely with product marketing, content marketing, and other members of the Marketing team. This role will be part of the Marketing Design team and report directly to the CMO.
- Develop & maintain a top-notch user experience across all of these properties through A/B testing and data-driven design.
- Research, design, and implement concepts that increase engagement and conversion.
- Define front-end framework(s), UX style guides, and user flows to drive efficiency and consistency in our user experience.
- 6+ years experience specializing in front-end development, web and user experience design.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in front-end development, web, UX, and visual design (candidates without a portfolio will not be considered).
- Expert-level understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- Experience running effective A/B tests.
- Strong knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.).
- You use research and best practices to create, validate, and present your ideas to project stakeholders.
- Obsessive over the details and creating thoughtful and intuitive experiences.
- Able to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design best practices.
- Understanding of Git and comfortable using the command line.
- A track record of being self-motivated and delivering on time.
- Candidates in Americas timezones will be preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Basic Ruby knowledge; our website is built on Middleman using HAML.
- Able to pitch in on other design efforts; i.e. branding, illustration, swag, social ad campaigns, digital publications, etc.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Portfolios of qualified candidates will be reviewed by our hiring team
- Select candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- First, candidates will be invited to meet with our Designer
- Second, candidates will be invited to complete a design/development challenge
- Third, candidates will be invited to meet with one of our Frontend Engineers
- Fourth, candidates will be invited to meet with one of our Product Designers
- Successful candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our CMO
- Finally, successful candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.