Open Source Program Manager
As the Open Source Program Manager, you will be responsible for fostering the adoption of GitLab in the Open Source space.
The Open Source Program Manager is a grade 6.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential partners in the context of leading Open Source projects and organizations.
- Enable large Open Source projects to move to GitLab. Set expectations, provide them support, training, advice and help them manage the migration process.
- Develop and execute the collaboration strategy for key projects, as well as co-marketing campaigns and communication plans.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at GitLab and strategic partners to communicate the product roadmap, feature requests, and to help prioritize them.
- Run and further develop the GitLab Open Source Initiative to increase the overall number of Open Source projects that move to GitLab.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source and technical in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies in general.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Relationships in prominent Open Source communities are a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
Senior Open Source Program Manager
The Senior Open Source Program Manager is a grade 7.
The Senior Open Source Program Manager shares the same responsibilities and requirements as the Open Source Program Manager listed above, but also carries the following:
- You have 7-10 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- In depth knowledge of the Open Source ecosystem.
- Prior experience developing relationships with Open Source communities.
The next step in the Open Source Programs job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Key Performance Indicators
A Key Performance Indicator for this role is the number of Open Source projects and developers moving to GitLab per quarter.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.