The Product Manager - Marketing Job Family educates people on the entire DevOps lifecycle. They communicate the value our single application allows developers to invent, create, and deploy modern applications. They communicate how GitLab facilitates Concurrent DevOps so that teams can work simultaneously instead of sequentially, unleashing collaboration across organizations.
The Product Manager - Marketing reports to the Sr. Manager, Digital Experience, and is part of the Digital Experience team.
The Product Manager - Marketing (Intermediate) is a grade 8.
- Adept at qualitative customer interviewing
- Familiar with prioritization frameworks to organize opportunity backlogs
- Capable of deriving key insights and patterns from customer interviews, and using that input to clarify problem statements
- Proficient at story mapping, to break epics down into smaller MVC issues
- Proficient at collaborating with Design on prototypes to bring potential solutions to life
- Adept at breaking epics and issues down into MVC's
- Knowledgeable about GitLab's product and the relevant product domain(s)
- Knowledgeable about GitLab's Marketing site architecture, API's, and tech stack
- Capable of running a demo anytime
- Able to make highly informed prioritization & tradeoff decisions with engineering
- Able to discuss & evaluate technical architecture recommendations from engineering
- Responsible for the health of working relationships with peers in Marketing and Product
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development methodologies
- Understands and communicates the business value of epics and issues
- Sets success metrics for epics and issues, and tracks metrics post-launch to guide investment in iterative improvements
- Spends up to 20% of time researching & defining category vision & strategy
- Bring ideas to reality by surfacing ideas early and collecting feedback
- Capable written and verbal communicator internally and externally. Drives clarity in area
- Builds rapport with stakeholders to align around priorities
- Self-aware and understands how their interactions impact others
- Two to four years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in product management
- Thorough understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Technical proficiency: you understand how software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager reports to the Sr. Manager, Digital Experience.
The Senior Product Manager is a grade 9.
Senior Product Manager Responsibilities
- Extends the Product Manager - Marketing (Intermediate) responsibilities
- Experts in their product domain and viewed as such to the community and internally at GitLab
- Prioritize and manage their products with minimal guidance from leadership or other product team members
- Drive the product in the right direction by consistently delivering outsized impact to Quarterly defined Marketing metrics
- Take an active role in defining the future by mastery of the competitive and market landscape and understanding how this landscape impacts the Marketing and Digital Experience roadmap
- Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end by documenting ROI or impact for a given action, feature, or prioritization decision and Executing to deliver outsized results on the aforementioned ROI/impact analysis
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Represent GitLab as a product and domain expert in front of industry analysts, strategic customers, industry events/conferences, and other events
- Comfortable presenting to C-level executives both internally at GitLab and externally to customers and prospects
- Lead by example by Mentoring less experienced Product Managers to enable them add more value sooner
Senior Product Manager Requirements
- Extends that of the Product Manager - Marketing (Intermediate) requirements
- Experience in leading product management teams
- Experience with strategic creation of roadmaps that span multiple products
- Highly interdependent and collaborative
The next step in the Product Manager - Marketing job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, you can find their job title on our team page.
- Select candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute technical interview with our Fullstack Engineer and a Frontend Engineer on the Marketing team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with the Senior Director, Growth Marketing.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute follow up interview with the Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.