- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector
The Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector has the same responsibilities as other Product Marketing Managers, but specializes in the public sector in the United States and has a separate compensation benchmark for the federal responsibilities.
The Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector has the same requirements as other Product Marketing Managers, as well as additional public sector requirements.
Regulated Industries Specialist (public sector & financial svcs)
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Regulated Industries, you will work bring your knowledge and experience of marketing to regulated industries such as the federal government to help shape our go to market strategy, messaging and execution. You will partner closely with our marketing, engineering, business development, sales team, and partners to help them address the unique requirements of this market.
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience marketing and selling public sector and or regulated industries such as financial services or health care.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially the processes and controls typically found in large regulated industries such as public sector and financial services.
- Experience marketing and selling to the US Federal Govt, DOD and civilian agencies.
- Experience around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners.
- A security clearance is a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates then may be offered a 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Senior Director of Marketing and Sales
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Regional Sales Director of the US East Coast
- After, candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with the Vice President of Product
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.