- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Production Designer
At GitLab, Production Designers collaborate closely with Brand Designers, and other areas of marketing, to produce on-brand assets across various print, web, and digital mediums.
- Extend and translate established creative concepts into production-ready print, web, and digital assets.
- Work collaboratively with Brand Designers to create a consistent and cohesive brand experience.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects with consistency and strong attention to detail.
- Embrace an iterative design process and be receptive to feedback throughout the process.
- Contribute to the Pajamas Design System.
- Able to work with, and help evolve, the GitLab brand.
- Work includes email templates, landing pages, social media, paid digital advertising, slide decks, digital and print whitepapers, one-pagers, etc., trade show booth design, and swag.
- Able to generate pixel-perfect production assets to meet required specifications for print, web, and digital mediums.
- Proven experience with print, web, and digital design.
- Degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Strong portfolio showcasing brand and marketing experience across print, web, and digital mediums.
- You have an eye for strong typography, illustration, icon design, and overall user experience.
- You know Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Slides, and Powerpoint like nobody’s business.
- Comfortable with Git, HTML, CSS, and Markdown to update about.gitlab.com.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Associate Production Designer
- Quickly and iteratively translate established creative concepts into production-ready print, web, and digital assets.
- Ability to work within GitLab's brand guidelines while producing creative and thoughtful visual experiences.
- Understanding of how typography, illustration, icons, etc. work together to create a meaningful brand experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a design-related role.
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects.
- Work quickly and iteratively on creative projects with limited direction from Brand Designers.
- Proven experience with illustration and icon design as an extension of a brand.
- Ability to implement your work on about.gitlab.com through basic HTML, CSS, and Markdown.
- 3-5 years experience in a design-related role.
- Self-manage workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
Senior Production Designer
- Work independently, drive multiple projects, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Ability to evolve and extend creative concepts with extreme attention to detail.
- Influence creative strategy and have a strong understanding of our audience(s).
- 5+ years experience in a design-related role.
- Proven ability to lead creative projects from concept to completion.
Manager, Production Design
- Own all aspects of production design; providing feedback and oversight of creative deliverables, keeping projects on brand and on time, and prioritizing work based on impact to the company.
- Set the production design workflow, directives, and goals.
- Proven understanding of our audience(s), creative strategy, and brand guidelines.
- Improve and enforce GitLab's brand guidelines.
- Influence GitLab's brand experience.
- 5+ years experience in print, web, and digital design.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership capabilities.
- Proven experience as a managing production designer or similar role, preferably within marketing.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.