- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Sales Development Manager - Commercial
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager for the Commercial (Small & Mid-Market) segment, you are a player-coach. As a manager your job is threefold: (1) Lead a team of Commercial SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of the Commercial SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the Commercial SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the Commercial SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs.
- Train other members of the Commercial SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure Commercial SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new Commercial SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Commercial Sales Director to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Senior SDR Manager
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our Senior Director of Revenue Marketing
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CMO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.