As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager is a player-coach. As a manager your job is threefold: (1) Lead a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of the SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the SDR Enablement team.
Manager, Sales Development
The Manager, Sales Development reports to the Sr. Manager, Sales Development.
Manager, Sales Development Job Grade
The Manager, Sales Development is a grade 8.
Manager, Sales Development Responsibilities
- Train other members of the SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Regional Sales Director's to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
Manager, Sales Development Requirements
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Manager, Sales Development (Enterprise)
Manager, Sales Development (Enterprise) Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Manager, Sales Development responsibilities but with a focus on GitLab's Enterprise clients and SDR team.
Manager, Sales Development (Enterprise) Requirements
- Extends that of the Manager, Sales Development requirements but with a focus on GitLab's Enterprise clients and SDR team.
Manager, Sales Development (Efficiency and Strategy)
The Manager, Sales Development (Efficiency and Strategy) reports to the Global Director of Sales Development.
Manager, Sales Development (Efficiency and Strategy) Responsibilities
- Oversight of the Global SDR Onboarding Program for Assc SDRs, SDRs and SDR Managers
- Develop the Associate SDR program and directly manage that team globally
- Collaborate with Marketing operations business partners on process improvements and efficiencies
- Manage the execution and development of the Tanuki Tech enablement program with the SR. Solutions Architect
- Assist Global Director in efficiency manager and reporting with a keen eye on improving time management and SDR ROI.
- Work individually with SDR team manager to identify needs in process improvement and rep enablement
- Continuously manage and update the SDR handbook as processes and programs change
- Assist the Global Director in SDR Leveling management and SDR career progression
Manager, Sales Development (Efficiency and Strategy) Requirements
- Extends that of the Manager, Sales Development requirements
- Track record of leading a team that consistently meets/exceeds goals
- Experience in successfully hiring and onboarding SDRs and SDR managers
- Experience building out new SDR team segments, including processes and strategies
- Proven track record of implementing and executing efficiency measures in a high volume lead flow model.
- Sales Accepted Opportunity Attainment vs Goal
- Net ARR Pipeline Generated
- Initial Qualification Meeting (where applicable)
The next step in the Manager, Sales Development job family is to move to the Senior Manager, Sales Development job family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Senior Sales Development Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule two separate interviews with an SDR Manager and an Area Sales Manager
- Candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Senior Director of Revenue Marketing
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CMO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.