- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Technical Marketing Manager
As a technical marketing manager, you will work closely with our marketing, engineering, product, business development and sales team, and partners to help everyone understand how core GitLab technical value offerings solve customer problems as well as educate them about market competitors. You will be responsible for technical marketing content and representing GitLab as a technical evangelist at key trade shows and customer meetings.
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge using or building software products, particularly cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools.
- 2-3 years experience developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies across the software development lifecycle. Preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- 4-5 years experience independently developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- In-depth industry experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies across the software development lifecycle. Preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- Experience designing and delivering sales enablement training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Experience with container technologies (such as Kubernetes, Docker), virtualization technologies, and cloud application architectures (such as Microservices).
- Past experience working on Cloud Computing platforms such as GCP, AWS, and Azure.
- Experience with serverless computing.
- Install, configure, evaluate, and analyze competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them with GitLab’s offerings
- Maintain competitive information repository and keep it up to date.
- Develop technical collateral such as demos, webinars, videos, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, and assist with customer Requests For Proposals (RFPs).
- Represent GitLab as a technical evangelist at trade shows and customer meetings
- Demonstrate GitLab value across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- Train and enable sales and partner teams on a technical level to deeply understand GitLab features and capabilities of the product.
- Drive development of technical collateral such as demos, webinars, videos, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, and assist with customer Requests For Proposals (RFPs).
- Deliver technical insight about GitLab products and competitor products to product management to assist in product direction.
- Provide technical information and demos for analyst reports, demos, presentations.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates then will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Marketing Manager
- Candidates may be invited to schedule 45 minute interview with a member of our Customer Success team.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with an additional member of the Product Marketing Team
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Product Marketing
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.