You are responsible for strategic business development and our strategy from an outside perspective. This perspective is based on our customers, partners, and the market. You are responsible for:
- Strategic partnerships (integrations, container schedulers, hosting, channel, open source, OEM-deals)
- Business development
- Corporate positioning (conversational development, remote only)
- Assist with Investor relations (strategy conversations, industry perspective, participate in fund-raising with CFO and CEO, monthly updates, answering questions)
You and your team would communicate the strategic direction of the company at:
- Strategic customer visits (CIO of Fortune 500 company)
- Industry events (PromCon, AWS re:Invent, Microsoft Build)
- Investor relation events
- Problem solver who can quickly master new concepts and subject matter.
- Understand the ALM market and all its players, from Docker to AWS, from Perforce to PTC.
- Understand the strategic interests of all the players in the ALM industry.
- History of making complex partnerships successful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship focused, a positive relation with our partners.
- Be able to represent the company in place of the CEO.
- Extensive network in the ALM industry.
- Ability to work well with colleagues both in and outside of the organization, with good judgment, discretion, and tact.
- Ability to lead a team and good management skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.