- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Candidate Experience Specialist
Candidate Experience Specialist
The GitLab Candidate Experience Specialists work to create positive experiences for GitLab candidates and hiring teams. In a growing fast-paced environment, the Candidate Experience Specialist is a dynamic team member who helps create an amazing candidate experience, improve our existing hiring practices, and deliver exceptional results to our hiring teams. GitLab strives to be a preferred employer and relies on the Candidate Experience Specialists to act as brand ambassadors by embodying the company values during every interaction with potential team members. The Candidate Experience Specialist is enthusiastic about working with high volume and is dedicated to helping GitLab build a qualified, diverse, and motivated team. The Candidate Experience Specialist reports to the Manager, Candidate Experience.
- Collaborate with Recruiters, hiring teams and Recruiting leadership to understand and implement the hiring plan for each job requisition
- Coordinate with the Recruiters to maintain correct process information in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and GitLab repositories
- Build and update an effective network of internal and external resources to call on as needed
- Ensure candidates receive timely, thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Work in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to help recruiters maintain a positive candidate experience for candidates
- Helps manage candidate traffic for all roles
- Act as the Recruiting Coordinator for the interview process
- Assist with conducting reference checks, if applicable, for all candidates entering the final round of the interview phase
- Create and stage employment contracts for candidates receiving an offer of employment on behalf of the hiring manager and recruiter
- Work to create a seamless handoff of new team members to the People Operations Specialist team
- Promote our values, culture and remote only passion
- Desire to learn about Talent Acquisition and GitLab from the ground level
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work with C-Suite level candidates with a focus on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to build relationships with team members, hiring managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Successful completion of a background check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience using an applicant tracking system, Greenhouse experience is a plus
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Share our values and work in accordance with those values
Senior Candidate Experience Specialist
Senior Candidate Experience Specialist shares the same requirements and responsibilities as the Intermediate Candidate Experience Specialist with the addition of the following:
- Serve as a mentor to the rest of the team through leading by example, sharing best practices, and a resource for questions and guidance
- Serve as an example of dogfooding Gitlab.com and assist team members with questions
- Provide insight and feedback for process improvement opportunities
- Lead by example and performance with the team OKR’s and Performance Indicators
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Consistently provide a great candidate experience by teaching others how to embody the GitLab values
- 3-5 years experience in recruiting/HR/People
- Consistent track record and strong performance
- Experience working directly with hiring teams
- High sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Confidence to learn new technologies and translate that learning to others
- Experience as mentor, guide, or subject matter expert
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a Recruiting Manager
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule two 30 minute interviews with two separate Peers and a 30 minute interview with another Recruiting Manager
- Finally, candidates will be invited to a 45 minute interview with the Hiring Manager
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call. See more details about our interview process here.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.