- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Corporate Events Manager
The Corporate Events manager will deliver extraordinary experiences that leave a lasting impression and deep commitment to our brand, culture, and purpose. They will work closely with the People Operations team and organizational leaders in executing GitLab's most significant events globally, including but not limited to our company summit, speaking engagements, industry events, meet-ups, etc.
They will also lead the planning efforts for the company summit, which brings our global team together for a meaningful experience of learning, collaboration, teamwork, and fun. This includes the logistics planning, event communication, site selection, and setup, as well as hotel, travel, and transportation booking.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics from the development of content, production, venue management, promotions, and other event-related marketing responsibilities.
- Analyze programs for effectiveness and conduct post-event reporting.
- Interact with and manage multiple vendors, partners, company executives, and a wide range of cross-functional groups within GitLab.
- Represent GitLab at industry events and conferences.
- Develop and execute robust team building activities that promote team member and community bonding.
- Research industry events and make recommendations on upcoming opportunities and speaking engagements.
- After each event, provide a recap of what worked and what didn’t so we can continue to improve processes.
- Manage event budgets and calendars.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience planning internal and external events with attendance greater than 500.
- 5+ years of event planning, preferably in the tech space and for a high growth startup.
- Professional experience planning and booking domestic and international travel and accommodations.
- Experience coordinating logistics for conference and industry events.
- Experience building and maintaining internal and external partnerships.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong work ethic.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budget management, negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute interview with member(s) of our People Operations team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with a member of our Events team
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief People Officer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with a member of our executive team
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.