- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Diversity and Inclusion Partner
The Diversity and Inclusion Partner will help build an inclusive environment where all employees feel they belong: they are recognized, allowed to express their thoughts, have the ability to make contributions and are able to bring their best selves to work every day. As GitLab continues to grow, we look for people from a wide range of backgrounds to reflect the global nature of our customers. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to build a truly global company. This role will work closely with recruiting to help shape a recruiting strategy that provides diverse candidate pipelines to fuel GitLab’s growth.
- Partner with the People Operations team, organizational leaders, and People Business Partners to continue building out our diversity, inclusion and belonging strategy
- Consult with organizational leaders to provide mentorship and coaching on how to achieve results
- Works with the Recruiting team to create and implement a diversity recruitment strategy
- Develop and improve relationships with current and new diversity organizations and partnerships
- Increase organizational capabilities in cross-cultural intelligence, mitigating unconscious bias, and inclusive leadership
- Provide communication and visibility of D&I efforts across GitLab
- Design leadership development programs focused on underrepresented groups
- Review and analyze data to monitor progress
- Conduct research and benchmarking on D&I standard methodologies and emerging trends and apply that to relevant programs aligned to business needs
- Collaborate strategically to engage employees, amplify successes, and ensure inclusive internal and external messaging
- Build out a library of diversity and inclusion materials
- 5+ years of experience in human resources or related business experience
- 3+ years of experience leading diversity projects, diversity sourcing initiatives, and/or recruiting initiatives
- 3+ years leadership experience, preferably in the D&I space
- Strong business acumen and ability to connect D&I learning to business needs
- Deep understanding of diversity and inclusion principles and practices
- Ability to influence leadership and enroll employee support and engagement
- Skilled at taking a consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Experience driving change management initiatives successfully and flexing with shifting priorities
- Experienced facilitation and communication skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Proven passion for inclusion and diversity
- Excellent EQ and an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration, and confidence
- Strong ability to plan proactively and react quickly when problems arise
- Confidence to rely on own judgment and discretion to work independently, keep multiple plates spinning, and take smart risks
- Experience working in a global environment preferred
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute panel interview with one of our Senior Recruiters and our Diversity Sourcer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Recruiting Director
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Chief People Officer
- Next, the candidate will be invited to interview with a People Business Partner
- After that, the candidate will be invited to interview with our CFO or another member of our executive team
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.