- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Employment Branding Lead
The Employment Branding Lead will help advance our recruitment and employer brand. They will work cross-functionally to tell the story of what it's like to work at GitLab and build our reputation as an extraordinary workplace. They will play an important role through their experience in building content for brands across social channels and other platforms to help enable our rapid growth.
- Build talent branding programs, operationalize them, and measure their success
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a specific GitLab employer brand
- Grow that brand presence across key talent-facing channels (company website, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc)
- Partner with the People Operations team and key stakeholders globally to develop and execute strategies that enhance GitLab’s visibility in key recruiting markets
- Evolve GitLab’s employment branding strategy to effectively articulate GitLab’s culture and value proposition to attract top talent
- Provide strategy and support for solutions such as GitLab's diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with internal GitLab teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, etc.) to ensure consistency in messaging and approach
- Develop advertising programs (internal and external) in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates
- Enhance the look and feel of communications throughout the candidate and employee lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of Marketing or Human Resources experience
- Prior marketing, brand, and social media experience (preferably within recruiting or talent brand)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver targeted recruitment marketing, social media, and employee value proposition building strategies
- A natural storyteller with excellent narration and writing skills
- Ability to navigate cultural differences and build global but locally relevant solutions
- Strong social and communication skills (verbal and written), across all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and priority setting
- Deadline oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in Google Docs
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with one of our Senior Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Recruiting Director
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Chief People Officer
- Next, the candidate will be invited to interview with a People Business Partner
- After that, the candidate will be invited to interview with a Marketing Manager
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.