- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Learning & Development Partner
The Learning & Development Partner will identify and design the right learning solutions to support GitLab's growth. They will have deep experience in developing programs, learning offerings and approaches, content creation, and consultation with partners and leaders to drive development and growth within the company. They will also build and scale a program that focuses on individual development, strengthening our leadership, and creating a culture of learning and development.
- Partner with People Business Partners and the leadership team to identify, develop, and deliver programs that support the growth of our team members and GitLab
- Research, develop, and facilitate exciting and impactful asynchronous, virtual, and experiential learning offerings
- Establish an internal learning and development roadmap for all GitLab managers and individual contributors
- Collaborate with the Sales team to design and deliver orientation content that develops new hires' understanding of GitLab’s business and platform
- Coordinate an effective marketing strategy to promote internal training
- Iterate on existing materials and develop new L&D content
- Select an exceptional e-learning platform for GitLab based on the needs our business and team members
- Create the course catalog which will include e-learning, instructor-led courses, and hands-on workshops, utilizing the GitLab handbook to ensure the trainings are accessible to everyone
- Create and design the supporting course material for all development programs, both for instructor-led and e-learning
- Solicit and incorporate team member feedback into our course content and experience
- 5+ years experience in instructional design and developing leadership learning content
- Track record of designing engaging and impactful development programs that improves individual, team, and company performance
- Exceptional written and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing self-service training content, such as e-learning modules
- Strong logistical planning and organizational skills
- Team-orientated, engaging, and energetic
- Capable of working collaboratively across multiple departments
- Passionate about personal development, training, learning, and seeing individuals develop to their fullest potential
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute interview with member(s) of our People Operations team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Recruiting Director
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Culture Officer
- Next, the candidate will be invited to interview with a People Business Partner.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.