Associate Learning System Administrator
The Associate Learning System Administrator reports into the Learning & Development Partner.
Associate Learning System Administrator Job Grade
The Associate Learning System Administrator is a grade 5.
Associate Learning System Administrator Responsibilities
- Monitor and resolve learner issues on GitLab Learn using Zendesk, Slack, the GitLab Community Forum, and email. This role will be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for all free user community support, including GitLab Education program members and wider community members.
- Enable GitLab team members and wider community members to contribute learning content to GitLab Learn
- Maintain security requirements, role permissions, group segmentation, and public versus private content in the platform, including management of user permissions and roles
- Build and implement a scalable system to moderate user and team members contributed content and activity using the GitLab Community Code of Conduct
- Project management and coordination across all functional audiences using the LXP including Learning and Development, Field Enablement, Professional Services, Channel and Alliance Partners, and Community Relations
- Collaborate with the Learning and Development team, People Business Partners, and managers to create key learning reports
- Complete data maintenance with EdCast API and internal integration with Sisense dashboards
- Track and monitor all compliance related courses (anti-harassment, corruption, bribery, etc) and follow up with users in a timely manner
- Track and monitor LinkedIn Learning usage, data, metrics, and reporting
- Iteratively document tasks, workflows, and processes in the GitLab handbook, focusing on the inclusion of high quality video to supplement text-based contributions
- Meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines; when delays do occur, work with the team to estimate, monitor, adjust, and proactively communicate revised deadlines as needed
- Suggest and implement improvements to LXP administration workflows
Associate Learning System Administrator Requirements
- Experience with learning management systems and/or learning experience platforms is preferred, specifically EdCast learning systems
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Excellent organizational, task, and time management skills, with an emphasis on detail and follow up, plus the ability to prioritize tasks and requests from multiple stakeholders and audiences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines and business objectives
- Exhibit strong data skills and ability to utilize Google Sheets
- Ability to use, or willingness to learn, GitLab
- Bachelor’s degree in Training Education or Communication is preferred
- Successful completion of a background check
- Clear, strong oral and written communication skills and can advocate for yourself and your role as a manager of one
- Experience working with various virtual meeting management tools such as Zoom is a plus
- 1-2 years related work experience (or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education)
- Experience in successfully prioritizing, managing multiple projects, and working in a team environment
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, and preferably have experience using GitLab, Zendesk, Discourse, EdCast, or any learning management or learning experience platforms
The Intermediate Learning System Administrator reports into the Learning & Development Partner.
The Intermediate Learning System Administrator is a grade 6
- Extends the Associate Learning System Administrator responsibilities
- Collaborate with People Ops team to build efficient and scalable workflows for learning administration and reporting
- Closely partner and collaborate with other members of the Learning & Development team to continuously improve existing learning programs based on the latest research in adult education
- Collaborate with the Brand and Technical Marketing teams to keep GitLab Learn platform design up to date, feature new learning programs, and follow GitLab branding guidelines and standards
- Interface between GitLab and learning vendors (EdCast, LinkedIn Learning, etc)
- Extends the Associate Learning System Administrator requirements
- 3+ years related work experience (or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education)
- Proven experience designing and developing scalable, engaging, online training is a must
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management Systems and Learning Experience Platforms such as EdCast
Senior Learning System Administrator
The Senior Learning System Administrator reports into the Learning & Development Partner.
Senior Learning System Administrator Job Grade
The Senior Learning System Administrator Designer is a grade 7.
Senior Learning System Administrator Responsibilities
- Be an advocate for handbook first learning material and think creatively about how the handbook can be integrated into the LXP
- Collaborate with Learning Evangelists and GitLab managers to enable team members to reach their professional development goals using the GitLab Learn platform
- Design and implement initiatives to increase learner engagement and results with GitLab Learn and LinkedIn Learning
- Scale GitLab Learn by partnering with the organization to bring new and innovative learning solutions to team members and the community
- Build custom reporting capabilities to track learner engagement and completion
Senior Learning System Administrator Requirements
- Extends the Learning System Administrator (Intermediate) requirements
- 5+ years related work experience (or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education)
The next step for the Learning Systems Administrator is not yet defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Learning & Development Manager.
- Next, candidates will be asked to submit a short writing sample to answer a question that the Learning and Development team often sees from customers and community members.
- Next, the candidate will be invited to interview with a member of the Learning & Development team, a team member from our Sales Enablement, Professional Services, and/or Community Relations team.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.