People Operations Fullstack Engineer will work on automating various workflows of People Operation teams, including working on GitLab backend (Ruby on Rails), and frontend (Vue.js).
Due to the nature of the work and projects involved in People Operations, this role will require automating manual or semi-automated workflows across various other platforms used by the People Operations teams. This position reports to the Manager, People Operations.
- Collaborate with all team members in PeopleOps, as well as Engineering and Product to work on automation between various systems and creating smaller improvements inside of GitLab.
- Advocate for improvements to people operations projects, issue tracker and project in GitLab-com.
- Improve and automate our Off-boarding process, to ensure a more rapid and voluntary workflow.
- Improving our Data Analytics dashboards.
- Automation of various mundane tasks.
- API building for external systems (payroll, benefits, etc).
- Involvement in Compensation Calculator Design/updates.
- Architect and implement PeopleOps support tool to streamline questions from multiple sources.
- Auditing People Ops processes/iterating for efficiency.
- Automate updates to the about.gitlab.com/jobs page
- Update the general jobs page.
- Improvement and automation of contract creation
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Sincere interest in working on People Operations or Operations related Engineering tasks.
- Professional experience with Ruby and Rails.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Experience working with modern Frontend frameworks (eg. React, Vue.js, Angular).
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software company experience.
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team.
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools and how we use it in non-engineering teams.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.