- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- People Operations Specialist
- First line of support for all People related questions through Slack
- Manage offboarding for all employees
- Order Supplies (Laptop, office equipment, business cards, etc.)
- Coordinate birthday and anniversary notifications
- Responsible for providing support for company wide use of Google, Slack, and Zoom (configuration, permissions, troubleshooting)
- Manage and Moderate Functional and Company team meetings
- Work closely with People Operations and broader People team to implement specific People Operations processes and transactions
- Provide extraordinary customer service to employees and leaders at Gitlab
- Maintain appropriate level of process, program, and policy knowledge in order to assist Employees
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that improves the employee and/or manager’s experience
- Assist with other People Operation activities as needed
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team environment
- High sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Confidence to learn new technologies (MAC, Google Suite, GitLab) and translate that learning to others.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years related experience
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred
- Experience working in a data-driven environment is preferred
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.