Recruiting Operations Coordinator
The Recruiting Operations Coordinator supports the Recruiting Team, as well as Hiring Teams, by owning the execution of team initiatives, systems administration, and driving iteration across issue boards and merge requests. In a growing, fast-paced environment, the Recruiting Operations Coordinator is a dynamic team member who executes- and improves on existing processes, creates new standards for operational excellence, and delivers exceptional results. The Recruiting Operations Coordinator is an ambassador by embodying GitLab’s values during interactions with current- and prospective team members. This role requires a desire for working in a high volume environment and dedication to helping GitLab build a qualified, diverse, and motivated team. The Recruiting Operations Coordinator reports to the Manager, Recruiting Operations.
The Recruiting Operations Coordinator is a grade 5.
- Act as the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for the Recruiting Team’s GitLab.com Issue boards.
- Be the front-line support for a variety of requests regarding systems support, access requests across Recruiting’s systems.
- Review and act on data insights to drive improvement in Recruiting’s KPIs and PIs.
- Assist in developing and leading training sessions for new hires and current team members.
- Assist in delivering Hiring Manager and Interview training.
- Support initiatives to enhance current systems and programs to enable the Recruiting Team to achieve optimal operational excellence.
- Ability to use GitLab
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in a Recruiting or People Operations role within GitLab.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working remotely.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across the organization.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab; prior experience with GitLab is a plus.
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency.
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Prior experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS), such as Greenhouse.
- Prior experience using a human resources information system (HRIS), such as BambooHR.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with a Recruiting Manager
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule two 30 minute interviews with two separate Peers and a 30-minute interview with another Recruiting Manager
- Finally, candidates will be invited to a 45-minute interview with the Hiring Manager
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Recruiting Program Analyst
The Recruiting Program Analyst works to streamline and automate processes that provide our highest return on investment (ROI). As an Analyst, they play a critical role within the recruiting team by ensuring our programs and partnerships are structured in an optimal way, data feeding decision making is accurate, and build out improved ways to ensure data quality throughout our systems and programs. The Recruiting Program Analyst is highly detail-oriented and capable of relaying information and recommendations to a variety of hiring teams across the company. The Analyst works to improve and optimize processes, project and program management solutions and support iteration to ensure recruiting team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Indicators (PIs) are met. The Analyst thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment, and are excited by the idea to make impactful data-driven decisions every day. The Recruiting Program Analyst reports to the Manager, Recruiting Operations.
The Recruiting Program Analyst is a grade 6.
- Scale and optimize all of GitLab’s recruiting systems and tools enabling the recruiting team to work at optimal operational excellence
- Provide metrics and analytical support that will support recruiting teams, hiring teams, and strategies
- Manage vendor relationships for the recruiting team
- Research potential new programs and services, coordinate demonstrations, determine comparison metrics as well as the implementation of chosen programs
- Lead the implementation and optimization of our ATS and other recruiting tools to ensure we capitalize on our investment
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of GitLab's recruiting practices
- Assist with initiatives to enhance current programs
- Support recommendations by leveraging data from our ATS and market research
- Direct and supervise work for the Recruiting Operations Coordinator to complete, act as a mentor/coach
- 7+ years of experience in Operations supporting Recruiting, Human Resources, or People Operations
- Experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool
- Passionate about data, analytics, and automation. Experience cleaning and modeling large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Experience with a variety of data sources
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working remotely
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across the organization
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab, prior experience with GitLab is a plus.
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Prior experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS), such as Greenhouse
- Prior experience using a human resources information system (HRIS), such as BambooHR, is a plus
- Share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a Recruiting Manager
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with a Peer and a 30 minute interview with another Recruiting Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 45 minute interview with the Hiring Manager
- Final, candidates will meet with the VP of Recruiting
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call. See more details about our interview process here.
Manager, Recruiting Operations
This role reports to the VP of Recruiting.
The Recruiting Program Analyst is a grade 8.
- Direct and lead a collaborative remote based team that can scale to the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing world-wide technology company
- Provide coaching to improve performance of team members and drive accountability
- Conduct skip-level meetings
- Remove operational roadblocks by troubleshooting and enabling scalable solutions in collaboration with stakeholders
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement changes in a fast-paced environment, consistently documenting in the handbook for institutional knowledge
- Onboard, mentor, and grow the careers of all team members
- Build trusted partnerships within GitLab and externally to collaborate, drive alignment and stay on top of trends
- Leverage our candidate facing teams to champion our employer brand and deliver a world-class experience
- Help define and leverage data-driven metrics in order to develop and deliver on the goals
- Support the Board of Directors Nomination and Government Committee
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and organization skills, and demonstrated experience in time-management and ability to influence
- A creative mindset to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Familiarity with an ATS and other tools
- Leadership or performance management experience
- Ability and passion to lead, mentor, and support the recruiting team
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills
- A team player with excellent client management skills
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.