VP, Talent Acquisition
The VP, Talent Acquisition reports to the CPO.
VP, Talent Acquisition Job Grade
The VP of Talent Acquisition is a grade 12.
VP, Talent Acquisition Responsibilities
- Partners with the E-Group to determine strategic landscape for our geographical dispersion
- Partners with the E-Group to align on overall plan for talent acquisition to ensure we maintain the high caliber of team members
- Partner with Finance, Department Leaders and People Business Partners to deliver data-driven workforce planning processes to ensure the right people are in the right roles with a clear view of talent supply and demand
- Champion the diversity efforts within GitLab to drive a diverse talent pool for our open roles
- Provide leadership to the Global Talent Acquisition team by creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering measurable results
- Continuous partnership with the CPO on the structure and capabilities required of the Talent Acquisition team
- Drive an engaging team culture based on GItLab's core values
- Consistently evaluate and evolve team structure to support growing business needs
- Responsible for accurate and transparent hiring plans that are publicly accessible in real time
VP, Talent Acquisition Requirements
The next step in the Talent Acquisition Leader job family is to move to the Chief People Officer job family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a Recruiter
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule two separate 50 minute interviews; a Talent Acquisition Manager, and the Senior Director, People
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule 4 separate 50 minute interviews; Chief People Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Revenue Officer and the Chief Financial Officer
- Finally, candidates will be invited to a 50 minute interview with the CEO
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call. See more details about our interview process here.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.