VP People Operations, Technology & Analytics
The VP, People Operations, Technology & Analytics reports to the Chief People Officer.
VP People Operations, Technology & Analytics Job Grade
The VP, People Operations, Technology & Analytics is a grade 12.
VP People Operations, Technology & Analytics Responsibilities
- Optimize and maintain all people technology systems and tools. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, automation and data flow.
Oversee development and management of thoughtful, scalable, People processes that balance our candidate and team member experience with compliance and legal requirements.
- Provide operational support and partner with G&A functions to execute on all people-related processes.
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders across the People Group to assess existing People programs, processes, and practices, identify gaps and inefficiencies, and drive innovative solutions to enhance the team member experience.
- Translate legal and regulatory requirements into system or process requirements and monitor the effectiveness of control design.
- Oversee all People compliance processes and audits.
- Consult with legal teams and global People policy, process, business, and system owners to ensure sound protocols are in place.
- Own relevant process mapping and provide guidance to the business regarding technical solutions.
- Use people-related data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure candidate and team member happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
- Conduct working sessions with users to gather, understand, and analyze business requirements.
VP People Operations, Technology & Analytics Requirements
- 7+ years of leading people operations in a high speed, high growth, technology-based environment
- Advanced project management experience in handling multiple projects at once with competing priorities
- 5+ years experience in managing people managers
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least 2,000+ team members, across multiple countries ideally in a remote environment
- Experience with leading and implementation of large transformational initiatives
- Strong knowledge of People practices and procedures
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling People processes, operations and systems
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
- Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
- Experience building technology and people operations compliance programs and processes
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
The next step in the VP People Operations, Technology & Analytics job family is to move to the Chief People Officer job family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will have a 50 minute interview with the CPO
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule threetwo separate 50 minute interviews; one with the Sr Director of People Success, and one with the Sr Manager of Total Rewards and the Director, People Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule 2 separate 50 minute interviews; VP of IT and the Chief Financial Officer
- Finally, candidates may be invited to a 50 minute interview with the CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.