- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- VP of Recruiting
VP of Recruiting
The VP of Recruiting is responsible for creating and overseeing the overall strategy of the Recruiting team. The VP of Recruiting reports to the Chief People Officer and works closely with the organizational leaders in shaping GitLab's recruiting strategies to support hiring targets, innovation and rapid growth. The VP of Recruiting uses their deep experience in Recruiting areas of organizational strategy, workforce planning, candidate experiences, and compliance with hiring policies and procedures.
- Partners with the E-Group to determine strategic landscape for our geographical dispersion
- Partners with the E-Group to align on overall plan for talent acquisition to ensure we maintain the high caliber of team members
- Partner with Finance and Department Leaders to deliver data-driven workforce planning processes to ensure the right people are in the right roles with a clear view of talent supply and demand
- Champion the diversity efforts within GitLab to drive a diverse talent pool for our open roles
- Provide leadership to the Global Recruiting team by creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering measurable results
- Continuous partnership with the CPO on the structure and capabilities required of the Recruiting team
- Drive an engaging team culture based on GItLab's core values
- Consistently evaluate and evolve team structure to support growing business needs
- Responsible for accurate and transparent hiring plans that are publicly accessible in real time
- Proven experience in high growth environment
- Successfully driven globally distributed hiring
- Excellent people management skills, enabling the Recruiting team to reach their full potential
- Led a high performing Recruiting team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with changing information
- Comfortable using including a working knowledge of GitLab
- Succinct communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving
- Have implemented recruiting tools while delivering internal OKRs
- 10+ years recruiting experience with a minimum of 2 years managing a recruiting team.
- Experience hiring Global Talent in areas like EMEA and APAC
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a GitLab Recruiter
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule two separate 50 minute interviews; a Recruiting Manager, and the Director, Global People Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule 4 separate 50 minute interviews; VP of Field Operations, VP of Engineering, Chief Legal Officer, and the Chief Financial Officer
- Finally, candidates will be invited to a 50 minute interview with the CEO
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call. See more details about our interview process here.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.