- You are here:
- Product Roles
- Principal Pricing Manager
GitLab is seeking an experienced Principal Pricing Manager to build out a brand new pricing function at the company. This pricing professional will work closely with the CEO, CMO, CRO, and Product Management leadership to drive decision making around all aspects of the pricing model. This is a strategic and critical role that has the opportunity to make a huge positive impact on GitLab’s top line growth and bottom line profitability.
- Drive robust pricing related research and analysis to generate and test hypotheses to optimize GitLab’s pricing model, including pricing metrics, price points, and package construction
- Collaborate effectively with the executive team and product organization to drive complex pricing decisions
- Ensure pricing and packaging policy is effectively implemented into the customer experience
- Define, track and measure pricing performance, defining actionable decision insights on pricing performance, and implement continuous pricing optimization plans
- Build models to inform the impact of price changes on customer acquisition, usage and churn
- Work with the Growth teams to increase Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
- 7+ years of pricing experience. MBA preferred. Previous experience in Product Management also a plus.
- Fluency in pricing research methodologies like conjoint and Van Westendorp analysis
- Deep analytical skill and experience creating complex models to forecast the impact of pricing changes
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative customer validation techniques, including surveys & customer interviewing to test customer segmentation, value metrics, pricing models, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex cross-functional pricing & packaging decisions, as well as subsequent implementation and success tracking
- Previous experience using customer/market segmentation techniques to effectively map pricing packages to user personas, buyer personas, and/or market segments
- Interest in and capability to rapidly build out a Pricing team once the function gets established
- Ability to use GitLab
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.