- You are here:
- Product Roles
- VP of Product
As the VP of Product, you will play a key role in helping the GitLab Product Management team scale rapidly and realize our product vision to be a complete DevOps platform. This role reports to the EVP of Product.
- Hire, lead, and coach a rapidly growing team of 30+ Product Managers
- Directly manage a team of 4-6 Product Directors
- Ensure a cohesive, coherent, and compelling end-to-end customer experience
- Align team with end-to-end product line vision and goals
- Leverage portfolio product management techniques to ensure product investments are properly allocated across the end-to-end GitLab product
- Partner effectively with Engineering, Design, and Product Marketing to ensure we validate, build, launch, and measure product experiences that customers love and value
- Help refine and implement the GitLab product development flow, ensuring team members receive training and coaching required to work effectively within the system
- Serve as a spokesperson for the end-to-end GitLab product internally and externally
- 18 years+ of relevant experience, with 10+ years of people management experience, including management of Directors+
- Strong understanding of DevOps markets, competition, and underlying technologies
- Track record of leading products to successful commercial outcomes
- Excellent at boardroom and big stage presentations, and able to inspire and motivate customers and employees through written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to teach and coach the product management skills as outlined here
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
- Apply on the GitLab Jobs page
- 30 minute screening call with Recruiter
- 50 minute interview with EVP, Product
- 50 minute panel interview with Sr. Director, Engineering & Director, UX
- 50 minute interview with Director, Product
- 50 minute interview with Director, Product
- 50 minute interview with CEO
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.