- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Area Sales Manager
We are looking for Area Sales Managers (ASM) in all of our territory selling markets. As the ASM, you will lead a dynamic sales team and help GitLab surpass our growth goals. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you will be responsible for hiring, developing and leading a high-performing team of Strategic Account Leaders to meet and exceed sales goals. The right candidate is truly passionate about open source software and has a proven track record to talk about! This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence GitLab’s overall success and growth.
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of a sales team
- Analyzes market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Ensures that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Manages a team of 5-10 Strategic Account Leaders; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- 10+ years experience in field sales, operations and leadership in open source software or software DevOps environment
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and sell
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as Salesforce, Clari, Marketo, etc).
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations; ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Ability to travel as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
In addition to the areas outlined above, Federal ASM’s have the following additional responsibilities and requirements:
- Work closely with Director of Public Sector Sales to develop and execute Strategic Account Plans for key Federal agencies.
- At least five 5 years of sales management, selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- At least 10 years of experience selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into Fed
- Must have expertise around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners
- Knowledge of open source enterprise software and/or version control is highly desirable
- Exceptional knowledge of Federal infrastructure and agencies
- A security clearance is a plus
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.