- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Business Systems Administrator
Business Systems Administrator
Business Systems Administrators work on the configuration of GitLab's Salesforce.com instance and all packages, tools and integrations associated with it.
They work with Field Operation's internal customers such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance to gather requriements for improvement projects and then execute on those projects.
They work with a combined team of Business Systems Engineers, Data Analysts, and Sales Operations Specialist to keep our Go-To-Market processes automated and efficent.
- 2+ Years experience in a Sales Operations, Business Operations or Business Systems role.
- Received or pursuing the Salesforce.com Administrator certification.
- Expierence with Quote to Cash or Configure, Price, Quote functionality.
- Understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how to effectively extract, transform and load data.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning and driving a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and across teams.
- Share GitLab's values, and works in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Ability to use GitLab
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Zuora and Zoura CPQ.
- Experience with DataFox, DiscoverOrg or similar data enrichment tools.
- Salesforce.com App Builder, Architect or other advanced certifications.
- Experience working at a subscription based product company.
- Experience working in an Agile team work environment.
- Support our internal customers by fielding any and all questions, solving problems on the spot or routing them to who can solve in a timely manner.
- Oversee the configuration and support of our suite of Sales Tools, being the go-to person for any questions or improvement ideas.
- Build enhancements with Salesforce.com configuration such as workflow rules, validation rules, process builder and lightning components.
- Expert knowledge on the use of Salesforce.com objects such as Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, and Campaigns.
- Jump in and own short range Sales efficiency projects, having real impact on Sales performance.
- Gather business requirements for improvement projects and synthizie them into technical specifications for Business Systems Engineers to build.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Business Systems Administrator participates in the Sales KPIs.
Read more about levels at GitLab here.
Business Systems Administrator
See the requirements and responsibilities outlined above.
Senior Business Systems Administator
The Senior Business Systems Administator role extends the Business Systems Administator role.
- 2+ Years experience in a Business Systems Administrator role.
- 5+ Years experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations or Business Systems role.
- Received or pursuing the Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator certification.
- Proven track record of driving projects to timely completion with end user accepted deliverables.
- Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
- Initial phone/video screen from a GitLab Talent Acquisition professional
- Phone/video interview with hiring manager and typically two additional GitLab team member
- Final interview with 1+ GitLab executives
- Reference checks
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.